Is iced coffee illegal in Canada? It can’t be, can it? Yes, it is. It’s true! There are all sorts of crazy laws in Canada that many people don’t know about. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the craziest laws in Canada. You won’t believe some of the things that are illegal in this country!
Related Content: Coffee Regulations in Canada
Why is Iced Coffee Illegal in Canada?
So, why is iced coffee illegal in Canada? There has got to be an explanation for this, right? Wrong! Unfortunately, no one is really sure why this law exists. Some people believe that it has something to do with the weather; iced coffee is more popular in warmer climates and Canada is known for its cold winters. Others believe that it has something to do with protecting the coffee industry in Canada. You would think that since hot and iced coffee comes from the same coffee beans, it wouldn’t matter. Whatever the reason may be, iced coffee is illegal. On a nice summer day, Canadians cannot drink iced coffee to enjoy a nice cold brew coffee.
Is Iced Coffee Illegal Anywhere Else Besides Canada?
Unfortunately, yes, iced coffee is also illegal in Saudi Arabia. So, if you’re looking for a cold coffee drink in Saudi Arabia, you’re out of luck!
This YouTube video creator gives an explanation as to why iced coffee is banned in Canada:
Is hot coffee illegal in Canada? Well of course not. In fact, hot coffee is a popular drink in Canada. Canadian coffee company Tim Horton is massively popular in the United States along with in Canada. They even serve iced coffees to us silly Americans!
Other Crazy Canadian Laws
Believe it or not, there are several other drinks that are outlawed in this country. Here are a few of them:
– Mixing pop (or soda for some of you) and alcohol is illegal (this is one I can agree with. Who the heck would do this?)
– Having an open container of alcohol in public is illegal (As it should be)
– Importing more than two cases of beer is illegal (Wonder what happens if you take one beer out of the second case)
– You cannot drink alcohol in a park in Alberta
– selling liquor on Sundays is illegal (Many states in the U.S. share this ruling)
As you can see, Canada has some pretty strict laws when it comes to alcohol. If you’re looking to have a drink in this country, make sure you do it on the right day! Here are some other laws that don’t have anything to do with alcohol:
– It is illegal to own more than five ducks at a time.
– You can’t drive a car without first having a valid driver’s license.
– It is illegal to urinate in public. (Well, let’s be honest this one is not that crazy!)
– You need a permit to sell
– It is illegal to drive without shoes on
– It is illegal to walk on the grass in Toronto
– In Manitoba, it is illegal to put a stamp on an envelope upside down
– In British Columbia, it is illegal to own more than two cats or dogs
It’s insane how many crazy laws there are in Canada! I would think it can’t get any crazier than getting in trouble with the law when you purchase iced coffee.
Despite this, you’ve got to love our “neighbors to the north.” Canada is a beautiful country with lots of amazing scenery. The people are friendly and the food is delicious. Despiet this, you can’t even enjoy just one iced coffee. Many people in the United States enjoy iced coffee daily! With iced coffee banned, the best you can do is iced tea!
So, if you’re ever in Canada, be sure to check out some of the craziest laws that this country has to offer! You won’t regret it!